Monday, October 15, 2012

Support when Needed

If you know me well then you know that I don't often ask for help.  It's just not in my nature.  I don't like to.  I feel bad when I do.  I don't know why.  I know that I shouldn't but it's just how it seems to go.  But then you get sick.  Not just I have a head cold and feel a little icky sick but the full blown I have pneumonia and think I might actually cough up a lung and die sick.  Yea, this happened this past week.

Went to work last Monday, just had a little cough but nothing that I would ever worry about.  I thought maybe it's the weather changing.  There's no humidity any more so it's just me getting more used to the dry air, no big deal.  Wake up Tuesday morning with full blown chills.  Like, I feel like its 40 below in my house and I cannot stop shaking chills.  Not normal.  Of course, Brandon is up and wanting to eat so I am running around the kitchen trying to get a bottle ready but still freezing (body wise) but my eyes are stinging and burning.  As I am heating up his bottle I grab the thermometer and ta-da, FEVER.  Not just a little rinky dink fever but over 101 fever.  Great.  I wake up Nick who is now in charge of getting up with Brandon because I have no idea what's going on with me and the last thing I want is a sick baby.

Nick takes Brandon to day care, I call in sick to work and proceed to sleep for the next 5 HOURS STRAIGHT.  Yes, I just slept the entire night before but I am exhausted.  I wake back up, take my temp again and it is higher.  I call the doctor's office but cannot get in until Wednesday morning so I take some Tylenol and head back to slumber land.  I proceed to sleep the entire day away only waking to take more Tylenol and drink some water.

Wednesday rolls around and I make it to the doctor.  By now my temp is above 103.  I get every test done they can think of and what do you know, pneumonia   How did I get it?  I have no idea.  I was perfectly fine one day and felt like I was going to die the next.  3 shots later and a $70 prescription of cough medicine (with insurance) that I can only take a night and here I am going back to the doctor tomorrow.  Fever has been down but comes back intermittently and the cough is seriously getting beyond out of control.

The good news is that I have had an abundance of help this past week.  Nick pretty much took over all parenting duties so I could rest.  Brandon had his first sleep over away from the house this week to his me-maw's house so both Nick and I could get some rest (I probably would have thought more about this had I felt somewhat better but the thought of not having to wake up at 6:30 am was too enticing to my exhaustive self).  Thank goodness that we have so much help and support close by.  I don't know how I would have made it by this past week without it.

So, back to the doctor tomorrow.  Hopefully everything will show that I am getting better.  I just wish it would happen more quickly.  I've got too much on my plate to be sick also.

No comments:

Post a Comment