- Brandon does not like to be swaddled. I don't care what the books say, he hates it. Nick and I joke that he looks like a frog when he sleeps because he has to have his arms up above his head.
- Babies get the hiccups ALL THE TIME. Brandon can handle them for a bit but definitely gets frustrated after a few minutes. I don't blame him. I would be upset too.
- Brandon has gas like an adult. You can always tell when he is gassy or trying to pass gas because he makes the funniest faces and will start grunting from pushing so hard.
- Brandon eats WAY MORE than I thought was possible. This kid has an appetite. I was worried that he was eating too much but he doesn't spit up any and had normal diapers so I guess it's fine. He is just a growing boy :)
- Speaking of diapers. He is not a fan of having a wet or dirty diaper on and will definitely let you know. I don't blame him. Who wants to sit and lay in there own pee and poop. I'm hoping this will lead to him getting potty trained at an early age. (Wishful thinking most likely)
- Bath time has been pretty successful thus far, but only for about 5-10 minutes. He likes the water but I think he gets over stimulated easily and then gets fussy.
- He has a pretty good control of his head already. He has been able to lift his head up since about week 1. He isn't a really big fan of tummy time on the activity mat but if I lay him on my chest he will push himself up to look around.
- Sleep is hard to come by for me. Brandon just started to sleep for about a 3-4 hour period from 10:30pm to about 2 to 2:30am which has been wonderful. However, other than that it's more like 30 minutes naps here and there with lots of feedings in between.
- Taking a shower is the highlight of my day. I wait until Nick is home so I can actually enjoy it and not feel like I need to rush.
- Choosing between eating and sleeping; I choose sleep. Eating definitely comes last for me.
- Leaving the house hasn't been as difficult as I thought. Some of that has to do with the fact that I always have the diaper bag packed with essentials so all I have to add before we leave are bottles for feeding. The stroller stays in my trunk so I don't have to worry about that either.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
3 Weeks Already
Today we hit the 3 week mark. I cannot believe it has already been 3 weeks. The time has gone by so quickly. Brandon is definitely starting to be more alert. Some things I have learned along the way already.